The PlayStation 4 is a hugely popular game console, and for most gamers who play video games on it, a large screen TV presents the ideal monitor.That notwithstanding, there could be various reasons why you may decide to know how to use your laptop as a monitor for your PS4. For example, your usual monitor may be bad and needing repairs or otherwise not available. In such situations, you may find that your laptop presents a suitable alternative and so you will not have to give up playing your favorite games.
If you are in a similar situation, and you are on the look-out for how to use laptop as monitor for PS4, then we have you covered. All you need to do is follow this step-by-step guide.
We will be exploring two methods try:
- Video Capture Card
- Remote Play
How to use laptop as monitor for PS4 – Video Capture Card
This first technique involves connecting your laptop to your PS4 via a video capture card. A video capture card is a device used to capture or record an audio output signal to a connected computer. To make this work, you will require a Video Capture Card, an S-Video connection cable, a USB cable, and an internet connection.
READ MORE: PES 2020 MOD APK OBB FILE DOWNLOAD
You should make use of a high-quality video capture card.
- Step 1: Enable File Sharing through the Network Settings on your PS4 console.
- Step 2: Plug your Video Capture Card into your laptop using a USB cable. The device comes with software for installation. The steps for installation are easy and straight-forward.
- Step 3: Connect your Video Capture Card to your PS4, using the S-Video connection cable. The HDMI-OUT should be attached to the PS4, while the HDMI-IN is attached to the Video Capture Card.
- Step 4: Run the installed Video Capture card software on your laptop. It will display your PS4, and you are on your way to enjoying your games, using your laptop as a monitor.
How to use laptop as monitor for PS4 – Remote Play
Alternatively, you may decide to use Remote Play, it would be an inconvenience having to buy a Video Capture Card device. Remote Play is a Sony feature that allows gamers with PlayStation consoles to transmit video and audio output to another device like the PS Portable, PS Vita, Xperia phones, and in this case, your laptop – whether Windows or Mac.
READ MORE: Express VPN Mod Apk 2020 Unlimited Access
To make use of Remote Play for connecting your laptop and PS4, you need a USB cable, a PlayStation Network account, a DualShock 4 controller, and an internet connection. Your PS4 console must be updated to the latest version. Please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Download the Remote Play application from the PlayStation Remote Play website to your laptop.
- Step 2: Enable “Active as Primary PS4” on your console’s Account Management settings.
- Step 3: Next, enable “Remote Play” in the Remote Play Connection settings on your PS4.
- Step 4: Activate Rest Mode on your console. In the Power Save settings >> Set Features Available in Rest Mode, enable the “Turning on PS4 from Network” option.
- Step 5: You can now proceed to adjust the settings on the Remote Play app downloaded on your laptop. On the Settings option, you can tweak the resolution and fps to what will create a balance between the specifications of your laptop and enjoyable gameplay.
- Step 6: Plug your DualShock 4 PS4 controller into your laptop through the USB port. Alternatively, you can connect it wirelessly by pairing it to your computer. Press and hold the PS button and Share button simultaneously for a few seconds until the light on the controller starts flashing. Then you connect with a USB cable or adapter to your laptop and hold for a few more seconds for it to get paired.
- Step 7: Back to the Remote Play app on your laptop, log into your PlayStation Network account. Your Remote Play app will automatically detect your PS4 console and it is time to start playing!
READ MORE: Socom US Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo (PSP)
Well, now you know how to use laptop as monitor for PS4 console. We are glad to have been of help. Both of the methods discussed work equally well, and it is up to you to make your choice, depending on which will be more convenient for you.