Tables of Contents
Nigerian comedian, scriptwriter, video producer, and YouTuber, best known for the Mark Angel Comedy Series which his real name is Mark Angel, The comedians who usually releases a new episode every Friday alongside his crew member such as his niece, Emmanuella Samuel, Her sister, “Aunty” Success Madubuike, Denilson Igwe, K Brown, uzzy efizzy and dammy josh, In 2017 Angel youtube channel became the first African comedy channel to reach one million subscribers.
Childhood & Early Life
- Mark Angel was born on May 27, 1991, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria, Mark went to Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) In Ile-Ife Osun State to study medicine but After his uncle’s sudden demise, He was unable to continue the school due to the financial issues because his family was facing a financial problem. Hence, Mark decided to drop out.
- Mark relocated to Lagos and stayed with his friend then decided to learn photography and began learning the craft. He started saving money to travel out, Mark angel later went to Indian to gain more experience in cinematography and theatre, He returned back to Nigeria but find it difficult to get a decent-paying job in the Nigerian film industry (Nollywood). Mark Concluded to go independent and eventually started his production house
- Mark Angel professional journey began after a brief stint with photography. During his cinematography assignments in India, He performed stage dramas, especially comedy, with a theater group called ‘Gingertainment.’
- He was back to Nigeria but things are not going on well, In 2012 Mark Angel met Denilson Igwe, So mark and his friend Dennison Igwe planned to venture into Nollywood and worked under a couple of productions. Together, they made a few films. After a short period of time, they had to quit the industry because of Mark’s mother, an evangelist. She was not happy with the kind of movies they had edited. Around the time, Just to survive Mark worked as a security guard to ensure a regular flow of income.
- Denilson Igwe and Mark bring out a suggestion, Both of them decided to start a media organization that will be based on comedy. They faced a lot of challenges, All of the comedy skits they had produced earlier, which they even posted on the internet, failed to impress the audience and gained engagement, Mark and Dennison thought of starting a production house, so that they would have full control over everything
- In 2013 the two planned everything to start the production and they finally launched their company, ‘Mechanic Pictures.’ The production house aimed at creating photos and videos for skits, sharing them through ‘YouTube.’, Mark Angel Comedy was launched on June 29, 2013, by Mark Angel. In 2014 Mark Angel rose to fame after featuring in the popular comedy Skit “Oga Landlord” alongside with Emmanuella, wherein a man late on rent (Angel) is trying to hide from his landlord (Daddy Humble), and tries in vain to have a child (Emmanuella) cover for him (e.g. “My uncle is not around. He just told me.”).
- Mark has received so many awards both in Nigeria and abroad alongside with Emmanuella. Mark Angel Comedy received a plaque from YouTube for having reached one million subscriptions in 2017. It was the first Nigerian-based YouTube channel to reach that threshold, ‘The channel currently has over 5.81Millions subscribers. Of Mark’s other social media pages, the most notable is ‘Instagram,’ where his posts have earned him over 1.1million followers.
- Mark’s niece, Emmanuella Samuel is Angel’s longest-appearing actress. She has won comedy awards in Nigeria and Australia for her work with Angel making her Africa’s youngest ‘YouTube’ award winner.
- Apart from acting comedy or creating content for his comedy, Mark Angel is a good writer that he also writes scripts for comedians. He also charges for it, according to the length and the urgency of the script.
- He primarily films in the lower-class neighborhood in Port Harcourt, which is his way of showcasing the environment he grew up in. This also helps the common Nigerian people relate to his content.
Relationship Between Mark Angel and Emmanuella
- Emanuella Samuel was born on July 22, 2010, commonly known as Emanuella is a YouTube child Comedian on Mark Angel, she is from Imo State in eastern Nigeria. She was born in Port Harcourt in Rivers State
- There have been controversies regarding Mark’s relationship with Emmanuella. Some sources once suggested that they were cousins, while some premier publications in Nigeria claimed that Mark was her uncle. In a later publication on ‘legit.ng,’ it was stated that they were not related in the first place.
- Emanuella started film work in school as part of a class video project, Mark spotted her talent while she was on a family holiday. Mark was searching for some child actors and thus turned to her. She proved her brilliance in an 18-hour-long video shoot. However, it was just a stunt that Mark had pulled to test the endurance of the little actor. Mark then convinced Emmanuella’s parents to let her become part of his channel.
In an interview with punch, Mark Angel said
“No, she is not. She is my niece. She has lived with my family ever since she was born even though her parents are alive. We are a large family and we lived together in the past. Mark Angel Biography Net Worth
Mark Angel said Emmanuella was always talented and showed a hint of comical character before she started acting
“When she was born, we realized she was capable of being influenced positively. She did everything she was told to do even though she was really young. Also, we realized that she was talented. We simply groomed her and introduced her to showbiz.”
Relationship between Mark Angel and Aunty Sucess
- Success Madubike popularly known as Aunty Success is a fast-rising Nigerian kid Comedienne who was discovered by Mark Angel Comedy skit, a short comedy video published every Friday by Mark Angel and his production crew. She was born on 19th July 2013 in Port Harcourt, River State in the south southern part of Nigeria. She is currently 6 years old going to 7. Mark Angel Biography Net Worth
- Mark Angel is a cousin brother to Aunty Success, She is very talented and knows how to interpret her role very well. She became very famous after starring in several episodes of Mark Angel Comedy skit and is known for her hilarious performance and display. She joined the Mark Angel Comedy crew in late 2017 and due to her intelligence.
Mark Angel Net Worth
- Mark Angel is yet to make it to Forbes Despite his successes, Forbes is a trusted outlet to verify the net worth of celebrities. With this, it’s very difficult to say how much the comedian is really worth. What we are left with are mostly speculations and wild guesses.Mark Angel Biography Net Worth
- According to Googlenaija, they claim that Mark Angel is worth $1 million. But this is unverifiable as another blog, CelebTrending Now, says the YouTube star is worth $112 million in 2020. Autinemedia said $600,000.
- No Accurate estimation, we at NaijaBiography, The only thing we can say that is 100% is that Mark Angel is doing well for himself as a comedian.and his net worth is Huge
Fact About Mark Angel
1. Who is Mark Angel wife?
- Currently, Mark Angel is yet to marry, He is 29 years old but there is a rumor that it is possible he gets married in 2021 as he is going to clock 30.
2. Why Denilson Igwe Left MarkAngelComedy
- He said Mark Angel is eating all the money they are making, He is paying 50 thousand naira for Emmanuella every month for the past five years.
3. What is Mark Angel Comedy style
- Mark Angel said: Without fear of sounding naive, I really can’t describe our kind of comedy. We just do what would make our friends laugh. It is nothing different from other comedies out there
4. Who is success in Mark Angel?
- Mark Angel is a cousin brother to Success, She was born on 19th July 2013 in Port Harcourt, River State